Essential for anyone dealing with Alberta corporate law, the Alberta Corporations Law Guide gives you comprehensive, up-to-date coverage. In this one publication, you’ll have all relevant Acts and regulations, decisions, rulings, releases, tables of concordance, reference charts, and forms affecting the formation of companies and societies and their legal operation under Alberta law. Also included is commentary prepared exclusively by the law firm Bennett Jones LLP.
- Amendments to significant legislation and regulations added, including to Business Corporations Act, Companies Act, Coorperative Act, Credit Union Act, Interpretation Act, Legal Profession Act, Loan and Trust Corporations Act, Partnership Act, Regulated Accounting Profession Act, Securities Act, and Cooperatives Act Regulation
- Significant cases reported include Aronowicz v. Emtwo Properties Inc., Danso-Coffey v. The Queen, Zildjian v. Sabian Ltd., Bruni v. Garlicki, Burnham v. Augen Gold Corp., Link v. Venture Steel, Inc., Computershare Trust Co. v. Crystallex International Corp., Shopples.com Corp. v. Brown, Bhangoo v. Soon, Runnalls v. Regent Holdings Ltd., and In re Magna International Inc.
- Table of Concordance to Canadian Corporations Legislation updated
Commentary covers such key topics as:
- Corporate Finance
- Directors and Officers
- Borrowing and Investments
- Reorganizations and Takeovers
- Investigation, Remedies, Offences, and Penalties
- Insider trading and Financial Disclosure
- Extra-provincial Corporations
- Liquidation and Dissolution
Included with your subscription is Corporate Brief, a monthly newsletter containing feature articles, digests of recent cases, and updates to legislation.
Subscribe to the online version and access Corporate Law News Tracker. With the News Tracker, you get notices of all updates via e-mail. Your updates give you instant access to changes in corporate law that originate from a variety of primary and secondary sources such as press releases and cases.
If you would like more details about this product, or would like to order a copy online, please click here.